Tuesday 12 January 2010

Introduction

Well hi folks - it's about time I put something to read on here!

I'm going to use this to post updates about my car, a modified 2001 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Sport. Those updates will include normal day-to day maintenance & servicing, modifications and usage on club runs, track outings and general rubbish as and when it happens (and I remember to update the blog).

I don't have a lot of time or details to hand right now so I'll just give a few details about the car.

2001 Mazda MX-5 1.8i Sport
Eternal Red
MP62 supercharger with air-air intercooler
120mm crank pulley (i.e. more boost)
eManage piggy-back ecu
J&S Ultrasafeguard Knock Sensor & timing controller
AEM Uego O2 Sensor + Gauge
350cc injectors
GAZ Gold Pro suspension with 400lb front & 300lb rear springs
Larini Sport exhaust cat & mid-pipe
Racing Beat exhaust back-box
FM Twincooler combined oil & coolant aluminium radiator

Lotus Elise S2 leather seats
Hard Dog Deuce roll bar
15"x6.5" Rota Circuit 10 alloys in Gunmetal with polished lip & 195/50/15 Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres
17"x7" OZ Racing Superturissmo alloys & 205/40/17 Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres

At the last dyno run it made 226bhp and 199lb/ft so it's no slouch. It is however limited by the injecors so I have on order an Adaptronic ecu + 550cc injectors which will be fitted asap when they arrive (I'll have a lot of "fun" fitting & tuning it).

I've driven this car all over the country and on a number of tracks including:
Brands Hatch
Knockhill
Anglesey (the old layout)
Goodwood
Donnington
Bedford (GT)
Llandow
Curborough
Abingdon Airfield
Colerne Airfield

With that power and the handling mods along with the usual MX-5 handling ability it really does make for a good track car and can pretty much keep up with a mates Elise 111R on track (at least it could - he's gone and supercharged his car now!).

Right, I'll post back later when I can dig out some more details including a few pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment