Friday 29 April 2011

Focus is ill...

My daily run-around is a '99 1.8 Focus Zetec. A few weeks ago the ABS & TC decided to stop working. I had it checked and the ecu reports that the OS front ABS sensor isn't working. I replaced it but it hasn't fixed it so it looks like it's an ABS unit fault. That's not going to be much fun to replace!

On Tuesday on the way to work I heard a thump under the car and it suddenly got noisier. Taking a look underneath yesterday I find that the mid-pipe has rusted and fallen apart at the point where it connects to the back-box. MOT is due next week. Bugger. I think the car is trying to die.

Today I will attempt a temporary exhaust repair using a soup can. If it gets through the MOT I'll treat it to a replacement mid-pipe from eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment